Bloomfield, Iowa

Update by user Apr 30, 2013

Update: Company has made additional FRAUDULENT CHARGES to my credit card. I did not even see them until my card company contacted me becasue they thought it was suspicious!

DO NOT deal with this company unless you want to be double/triple charged, extra charges showing up on your card, and be told to "f*** off if you don't like it".

Original review posted by user Mar 29, 2013

After purchasing a repair service and sending in my phone, I was told I needed to buy an unnecessary part - a $2 part that they wanted $45 for! (I know, I bought one myself) When I refused, I was told that I instead needed to purchase a second repair service instead. When I explain that I already had bought the service, they AGREED and then said I just needed to buy the part again instead. When I explained that the part was provided, the AGREED and tried to *** me into buying a second repair service again.

They've been forced to admit that I'VE ALREADY PAID for and provided everything I needed to, but they still twice tried to *** me into paying over 20x what the part should cost and twice trying to scam me by claiming I needed to buy a second repair service.

Clearly they are flip-flopping and backpedaling, struggling to find some way to cheat me by making me pay twice the advertised price in a bait-and-switch scam after fraudulently misrepresenting their repair services.

- - -

As a separate issue, they claim to be a BBB accredited business, but THEY ARE NOT! This is again fraudulently misrepresenting their business.

- - -

My third complaint is that they state it will take "24 to 72 hours for your order to be processed and shipped" - that is up to 3 days for your phone to be back in the mail on its way to you. As as my phone was delivered to them, they said it would take "3 - 5 days" just for a diagnostic, which is unnecessary because I told them exactly what's wrong and what to repair. Two weeks in, and they are holding my phone hostage in the same bait-and-switch scam.

Had an Experience with CellularDr?

Comments

CellularDR
Glendale, California, United States #888759

We are very sorry that you had a poor experience with our repair services.Our pricing is simple.

We charge a flat rate of $25 for most repairs if you purchase the replacement part required from us. If parts are not needed to fix the phone that is all you pay. Keep in mind all our parts are genuine manufacture parts which are much higher quality and easier to work with than the cheap copies from China. If you choose the provide your own part the we charge double the regular labor fee and cannot provide a normal warranty since the part is not ours and we cannot guarantee the quality.

Now additionally your complaint said that we made multiple additional charges on your credit card after you refused to repair the phone!

Well that is simply not possible. We do not ever see nor have access to any of the customer financial information.

Unless you login and pay for a service on our website, which the transaction is securely processed through our merchant, we cannot ever charge you anything directly.

I hope this clears up some of the misconceptions.Please feel free to contact us and mention this listing and ask to speak with a supervisor if you need additional assistance.

Thank you.