Update added by user Apr 30, 2013
Update: Company has made additional FRAUDULENT CHARGES to my credit card. I did not even see them until my card company contacted me becasue they thought it was suspicious!
DO NOT deal with this company unless you want to be double/triple charged, extra charges showing up on your card, and be told to "f*** off if you don't like it".
Original review posted by user Mar 29, 2013
After purchasing a repair service and sending in my phone, I was told I needed to buy an unnecessary part - a $2 part that they wanted $45 for! (I know, I bought one myself) When I refused, I was told that I instead needed to purchase a second repair service instead. When I explain that I already had bought the service, they AGREED and then said I just needed to buy the part again instead. When I explained that the part was provided, the AGREED and tried to *** me into buying a second repair service again.
They've been forced to admit that I'VE ALREADY PAID for and provided everything I needed to, but they still twice tried to *** me into paying over 20x what the part should cost and twice trying to scam me by claiming I needed to buy a second repair service.
Clearly they are flip-flopping and backpedaling, struggling to find some way to cheat me by making me pay twice the advertised price in a bait-and-switch scam after fraudulently misrepresenting their repair services.
- - -
As a separate issue, they claim to be a BBB accredited business, but THEY ARE NOT! This is again fraudulently misrepresenting their business.
- - -
My third complaint is that they state it will take "24 to 72 hours for your order to be processed and shipped" - that is up to 3 days for your phone to be back in the mail on its way to you. As as my phone was delivered to them, they said it would take "3 - 5 days" just for a diagnostic, which is unnecessary because I told them exactly what's wrong and what to repair. Two weeks in, and they are holding my phone hostage in the same bait-and-switch scam.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cell Phone Repair
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR----> DO NOT BUY anything from Buy Squad. Honestly, after researching on this company, I feel so *** to fall for their "low price" ;0( I ordered..."
- "Hello! I am reporting from Cleveland, Ohio and I was introduced to the ACN opportunity by my girlfriends parents, Corey and Tonya Anderson. I visited their home at Thanksgiving to..."
- "Approximately eight weeks ago white dots began appearing on my Samsung DLP TV. What first began as two dots has grown to a dozen with more emerging daily. ..."
- "Nasty carpet, peeling wallpaper, nasty bathroom with bad repairs, badly repaired ceiling leaks, linens that smelled of urine, missing pool tiles and the Continental Breakfast was ridiculous! Coffee tasted..."
- "On 2/5/15 I went to Billion Auto in Iowa City to look at a 2012 Kia Forte EX. It had 21,000 miles and was just under $12,000. They have two..."
- "This what the Iowa city Panda Express looked like before 2 pm. They served me some reheated sweet fire chicken breast. They said orange chicken would be ready in2 hours!..."
- "NuWave generally sells their ovens with the clear dome that, with regular use, cracks and or self-destructs within 6 months to a year. The cost to replace the dome..."
- "Torrid products are wonderful but their poor/rude customer service is one that needs to be addressed (asap), Their shipping procedures have been nothing but a nightmare and a bunch of..."
- " I bought a brand-new Turbo razor from Bert's first trip out and had a crankcase seal leaking took it in the service department everybody said oh yeah will take..."